If you’re in the real estate business and on a tight budget, you may be thinking about using your iPhone for real estate photography. After all, iPhones have come a long way in terms of their camera capabilities, and many real estate agents are using them as a cost-effective alternative to hiring a professional photographer. But while taking real estate photos with your iPhone can be an affordable option, it’s important to know how to use your device to its fullest potential to produce high-quality images.
Here are some tips to help you take great real estate photos with your iPhone:
- Use iPhone 13 or newer: The newer iPhones have a wide angle lens camera that can allow for much better composition and fitting in more into the frame.
- Clean the lens: Before taking any photos, it’s important to make sure your iPhone’s lens is clean and free of any smudges or fingerprints. A dirty lens can affect the quality of your photos, making them appear blurry or unclear.
- Use the right lighting: Good lighting is key to taking great real estate photos, and it’s especially important to make sure your iPhone’s flash is off. When taking photos indoors, try to take them near a window to take advantage of natural light. If you need additional lighting, consider using a tripod and a light reflector to fill in any shadows.
- Experiment with the camera app: Your iPhone’s camera app has many features that you can use to enhance your real estate photos, including manual focus and exposure control, live photos, and portrait mode. Experiment with these features to find the ones that work best for you.
- Consider a tripod: To help you take steady and stable photos, consider using a tripod for your iPhone. A tripod will also help you take photos from different angles, which can be especially useful when taking photos of large rooms or outdoor spaces. Though not necessary, it can help!
- Edit your photos: After taking your photos, you may want to make a few edits to enhance their quality. The Photos app on your iPhone has basic editing tools that you can use to adjust brightness, crop, and enhance color. You can also use third-party photo editing apps, such as Lightroom or VSCO, to make more advanced edits.
You can take great real estate photos with your iPhone, even if you’re on a budget. Just remember that while iPhones are a great alternative to hiring a professional real estate photographer, they may not produce the same level of quality as a dedicated camera. If you’re serious about real estate photography, it may be worth investing in a high-quality camera or hiring a professional photographer to ensure that your properties are shown in the best possible light.